Date:      Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:21:33 +0400
From:      Stepan Rakhimov <stepan_r@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   if_ural crashes kernel when starting interface

Hi,

i'm using 6-Current cvsuped 17.06.
my previous 6-Current (where i had no problem) was cvsuped 5.06

problem:
i've got Asus 168g Wifi card & Dlink G604T router.
in my rc.conf i have:
ifconfig_ural0="inet 192.168.0.2 mask 255.255.255.0 ssid my_ssid wepmode
on wepkey 0x0000000000 weptxkey 1"

it worked with previous build but panics with new.

Some investigation showed that system felt good with such string:
ifconfig_ural0="DHCP ssid my_ssid wepmode on wepkey 0x0000000000 weptxkey 1"

There are 3 new entries in UPDATING since my latest build, so i don't
know either network API changes or new dhclient are resposible for.

thus, i have to use dhcp with my Wifi card and cannot setup ip manually.

Stepan Rakhimov