Date:      Sat, 21 Feb 2004 23:38:11 -0800
From:      "Derrick Ryalls" <ryallsd@datasphereweb.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   MySQL error 2013

I have been trying to get a working mysql daemon that allows connections
from remote hosts.  I can connect via local host just fine, but any time
I try from my XP desktop via command center (or another remote client),
I get this error immediately:

ERROR 2013: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

I have even tried firing up mysqld with --skip-grant-tables to no avail.

Googling around, I see lots of reference to glibc issues, but I thought
that only applied to Linux.  I have tried mysql41-server port (fresh
cvsup), mysql40, and a package mysql323, and they all have the same
issue.  That leads me to believe that the o/s has the issue, not mysql.
Does anyone have a clue on what I need to check/upgrade?

Current system:  FreeBSD 4.9-RC #0: Tue Oct  7

Thanks in advance.

-Derrick