Date:      Tue, 8 Sep 2015 14:16:07 +0800
From:      Gregory Orange <gregory.orange@calorieking.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cron.d / cron.weekly

Hi Reg,

On 08/09/15 13:43, reg@dwf.com wrote:
> Linux like systems have a directories cron.{daily,weekly,...}
> where you can put scripts to run daily/weekly, etc.

You have /etc/crontab, user crons which can be configured via
crontab(1), and periodic(8) - exactly which you use is up to you I
guess. I tend to add my own system tasks to the root crontab, or to
/etc/crontab, but you could add scripts somewhere in
/usr/local/etc/periodic/

Note that periodic is scheduled from /etc/crontab, and the system
default settings can be configured from /etc/periodic.conf (overrides to
/etc/defaults/periodic.conf).

HTH,
Greg.