Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 23:08:12 +0200
From:      "Theo van Klaveren" <t.vanklaveren@student.utwente.nl>
To:        "Soren Schmidt" <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: In-kernel ioctl calls

Soren Schmidt wrote:
-long story snipped-
| > Am I just doing it wrong, or should atapi-cd.c be patched to verify if
the
| > buffer is in user space or in kernel space? If so, what function checks
if
| > an address is in kernel space or in user space? If not, what am I doing
| > wrong?
|
| Here's another idea, the ata driver can read/write 2352 sector size
| blocks directly, no need to use that ugly ioctl. You just have to
| set the right blocksize, I could provide you with a function for
| that, no more ioctl mess ;)

That would be _greatly_ appreciated! The question is, would this be
'portable' to other drivers? In other words, how much trouble would it cost
me to get AudioFS to work with SCSI?

(On a side note, I'll be getting a SCSI card and accompanying Plextor CDROM
from a friend of mine soon, so I can work at getting AudioFS to work on SCSI
CDROMs).

Theo van Klaveren