Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2005 12:46:39 +0100
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Devnore <devnore@burken.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Touchpad on Dell Inspiron

On Thursday, 10 November 2005 at 13:14:11 +0100, Devnore wrote:
> After i upgraded to 6.0-rc1 my touchpad stopped working. upgrading to
> 6.0-stable didn't solve the problem..
>
> At boot i get a message saying that psm0 couldn't be found
> i'v added  hint.psm.0.flags="0x1000" to /bood/device.hint but nothing
> happens.
>
> as i said it worked fine when i ran 5.4-release

You're going to have to be more specific than that.  I'm writing this
on a Dell Inspiron with 7.0-CURRENT, and the touch pad works fine on
that version, also 6.0 and 5.4.

You might like to check my online diary round January of this year
(http://www.lemis.com/grog/diary-jan2005.html) where I had some issues
of this nature with an Inspiron 1100.  I solved them by setting a flag
in the device.hints file IIRC.

Greg