Date:      Mon, 20 Dec 2004 14:10:35 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Al Bincarousky <budyee@adelphia.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Older versions of FreeBSD

--cX4WM3qIY/fHWHDu

Single line paragraph.

On Sunday, 19 December 2004 at 22:33:48 -0500, Al Bincarousky wrote:

> I am looking for older versions of FreeBSD. Any version 3.5.1 to
> 4.4. Is it possible to still download these versions? If not can it
> still be purchased on CD? Thank you for any information that you may
> be able to provide.

A lot depends on why you want them.  If you're collecting CDs, then
only the CD will do.  If you want to run them, you should reconsider.
If you're interested in them for academic reasons, you can check out
any version back to 2.0 from CVS.  For reasons related to the USL
wars, the repository for release 1 of FreeBSD isn't available, though
Caldera (now called "SCO") released the license a couple of years ago,
so if you find one, you're now allowed to use it.

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text.

--cX4WM3qIY/fHWHDu

--cX4WM3qIY/fHWHDu--