Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 10:48:37 +0100
From:      Remco van den Berg <RvdBerg@dse.nl>
To:        mrsam@courier-mta.com
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   found bug in courier-imap

Hi Sam,

I possibly found a bug in your courier-imap software.

I was trying to authenticate using a MySQL database which only had a
socket connection and no tcp/ip connection.

I finally managed to solve the bug by this patch:

*** authmysqllib.c      Fri Jan  4 20:56:56 2002
--- authmysqllib.c.orig Fri Jan  4 20:55:14 2002
***************
*** 133,141 ****
                server_opt=(unsigned int) atol(p);
        }

!       if (!server && !server_socket)
        {
!               fprintf(stderr, "authmysql: MYSQL_SERVER and MYSQL_SOCKET not set in "
                        AUTHMYSQLRC ".\n");
                return (-1);
        }
--- 133,141 ----
                server_opt=(unsigned int) atol(p);
        }

!       if (!server)
        {
!               fprintf(stderr, "authmysql: MYSQL_SERVER not set in "
                        AUTHMYSQLRC ".\n");
                return (-1);
        }

I didn't investigate if this is all. There could be more things which
have to be changed. But you are better capable of handling that I suppose.

Regards,

-Remco