Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 18:55:40 +0000
From:      "FD FD FD" <fdfdfd@student.be>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Technical Question -> booting with floppies

Hi, i want to install FreeBSD 4.4 on my pc with the bootable floppies.

My configuration:
 IBM 486 (to be exact: "IBM PS/2 486 SLC3")
 8 RAM
 2 HDD (IBM 548MB & IBM 200MB) both are totally empty (not formatted)
 Complete SCSI system
 Complete MCA system (no isa, pci.. , but MicroChannel)
 hidden partition with bios on it

I have made the floppies with fdimage and started my computer

then, I get the following message:

    Disk error 0x4 (lba=0x10)
    Disk error 0x4 (lba=0x10)
    No /boot/loader

    >> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
    Default: 0xfd(0,a)/kernel
    boot:
    Disk error 0x4 (lba=0x10)
    No /kernel

    >> FreeBSD/i386 BOOT
    Default: 0xfd(0,a)/kernel
    boot:

I wondered what there is wrong with my configuration; it's definitely not
my floppies cause they work on another computer of mine.

I would appreciate any help!
Thanks and greetings,

   Fabian