Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 1996 01:59:15 +1000
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, ishort@pcm.co.za
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sio2: 65 events for device with no tp

>Thanks for the reply below. It explains my problem, but what is the tp
>that  my device is without?

Tty Pointer.  Tty data structures are allocated at open time, so they
can't be used if an interrupt occurs before open.  It is supposed to
be impossible for interrupts to occur before open, but it happened
before for another reason.

>Regarding the bit about IRQ7, could I now safely put a network card or
>whatever on it, or should I first find a lpt port that does not cause
>bogus interrupts?

Try to use IRQ7 for something unimportant like lpt or something that
won't mind the extra interrupts (like lpt again).

Bruce