Date:      Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:54:15 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        "Neil Shopland" <ns0@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ImageMagick

> From: "Neil Shopland" <ns0@hotmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:14:51 -0000
> Sender: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> I have installed ImageMagick on a FreeBSD server - it works fine with =
> GIF but I understand that you need to apply additional libraries to get =
> ImageMagick to work with JPEG & PNG - does anyone have any experience =
> with this so that they can put me out of my misery ;o)) - I need to know =
> how to get the libraries working with Imagemagick so it supports these 2 =
> other image formats.

Please don't send HTML to FreeBSD lists!

If you don't have PNG and JPEG, I would guess that you installed it
manually. If you install ImageMagick from ports, PNG, JPEG, and
several other format libraries will automatically be built.

Anything that is in ports probably should be installed from ports (or
from packages) and not built directly from the disto.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)