Date:      Wed, 08 Sep 1999 23:17:52 -0400
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        asmodai@wxs.nl (Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai), Dom.Mitchell@palmerharvey.co.uk, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, wghicks@wghicks.bellsouth.net
Subject:   Re: MS & Linux duopoly

> One response to this is to ensure that -ports patch files get
> integrated (not just emailed or contributed) back to the project
> maintainers.

AMEN!

This is (in my mind at least) a fairly serious problem that needs
addressing.  Quite often, it doesn't happen simply because of
limited resources, but we should all try harder to get FreeBSD
recognized as a first-class player in other projects.

Also, I believe this is even more true for things imported into
/usr/src ...

To be fair, a few committers *are* going the extra mile for these
efforts (David Obrien probably deserves special recognition here).

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net