Date:      Mon, 9 Mar 1998 07:57:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      Shaun <shaun@thecore.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        Andrew Novick <anovick@vnc.lawrence.ks.us>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: quake2

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Doug White wrote:
> On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Andrew Novick wrote:
> > Is it possible to get quake2 running with linux emu?  I tried it, but it
> > crashes after a few seconds and complains that setup() or something is
> > not built in.  If it is possible to get it running, please let me in on
> > how to do so.
>
> Search the -multimedia mail archives; it requires -current and some hacks.

We have it running vanilla under 2.2.5 and linux emu without a problem.
The problem we are having is compiling a MOD under the linux devel port
and getting constant core dumps. Without the MOD, it runs just fine.

<shameless_plug>
Check out quake2.download.net (206.136.149.12)
</shameless_plug>

+-- http://www.download.net ------------- http://www.thecore.com --+
| Shaun M. Finn                    TechnoCore Communications, Inc. |
| shaun@thecore.com                Internet Web Services & Access  |
| VOICE: (732)928-7400             P.O. Box 106                    |
|   FAX: (732)928-7402             Jackson, NJ 08527-0106          |