Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:55:05 +0200
From:      Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Would anyone like to start a FreeBSD irda project?

On Thu, Jul 08, 1999 at 03:33:13AM +0100, Jose Gabriel Marcelino wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I have finally figured out where my IR device is located in my
> > Toshiba Satellite 315CDS and was wondering if anyone would like to
> > start a project to add support for IR devices?
>
> Yes, I'm very interested in a FreeBSD IrDA project. I've also met
> Daniel J. O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au> at the linux-irda list who also
> seems very interested in doing things.

Count me in. I was planning to check how hard a minimal IRComm or IRObex
implementation would be. It looks like the IR is treated like a normal
COM1 and can talk raw IR with BSD already. So it might be possible to
implement the rest in userland which would make debugging far easier.

Did somebody start a mailinglist for coordinating, or should I ?

CU,
    Sec
--
See above, IŽd vote now to remove TCP completely after seeing that results.
                    -- <andreas@klemm.gtn.com> on freebsd-ports, 2.Aug.1997