Date:      Sat, 17 Sep 2011 01:24:34 -0400
From:      Jason Hellenthal <jhell@DataIX.net>
To:        Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
Cc:        Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAM modules

On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 01:18:27AM -0400, Jason Hellenthal wrote:

> +1 for LDAP
>
> On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 10:25:16PM -0500, Brandon Gooch wrote:
> > On Sep 16, 2011 10:21 AM, "Dag-Erling Smørgrav" <des@des.no> wrote:
> > >
> > > We currently have a number of PAM modules in ports, and while some of
> > > them are specific to certain third-party software, many aren't.  I
> > > believe we would benefit from importing at least some of these into
> > > base.  My question is: which ones?
> > >
> > > DES
> > > --
> > > Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des@des.no
> >
> > +1 for LDAP
> >
> > -Brandon

Do not mean to reply to my own post but seems these offer the most IMHO
benefit to the project and end-users.

security/pam_jail         A PAM module dropping users in jails after login
security/pam_krb5         A Pluggable Authentication Module for Kerberos5
security/pam_ldap         A pam module for authenticating with LDAP
security/pam_mkhomedir    Create HOME with a PAM module on demand
security/pam_p11          A PAM module using crypto tokens for auth authenticate against Unix PAM
security/pam_pwdfile      A pam module for authenticating with flat passwd files
security/pam_require      A PAM module for restricting access based on unix group or username
security/pam_smb          NetBIOS domain logon PAM module
security/pam_ssh_agent_auth PAM module which permits authentication via ssh-agent
sysutils/pam_mount        A PAM that can mount volumes for a user session