Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 14:11:57 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "f f" <smowball99@yahoo.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Partition Problems

Well what's probably going on is a corrupted partition
table or boot sector and the regular fdisk utilities
are having trouble reading it.  That's what you get for
going to Red Hat. ;-)  (I'll bet you knew that was coming ;-))

Most hard drive manufacturer's websites have a so-called
"low-level" formatting program which really isn't a low
level formatter, all it does is zero out all sectors on the
disk.  What manufacturer and model is your disk drive?