Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 13:21:48 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        imp@village.org (Warner Losh)
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Report: CREATIVE PCI-128 works...

> I grabbed the patches that Joachim Kuekart pointed me at when I asked
> about the last card I purcahsed.  Given the price differential, and
> the number of irons I have in the fire right now, I took the lazy way
> out and exchanged the ES 1371 for a PCI-128.
>
> After a few hours of testing and goofing off with the PCI-128 on my
> Dec 11 -current system, I'm starting to think that I make a good
> choice.  I can play mp3 files and it appears that xgalaga makes noises
> that appear to be correct.

BUYER ALERT: before buying a PCI-128 remember that the ES1370 is
also used on a number of no-name audio PCI cards (e.g. Shuttle
HOT-255) for exactly half the price. This is also a good time to
remember how supportive Creative Labs has been with FreeBSD -- the
programming specs probably wouldn't be there if the ES1370 was an
original CreativeLabs product!

	cheers
	luigi