Date:      Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:48:55 +0100
From:      Matthias Buelow <mkb@incubus.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apm on 5.3

I'm trying to get APM to work (ACPI makes the kernel crap itself when I
insert or remove a pcmcia card into my Armada m700 notebook) and load
the apm.ko from loader.conf.  However, it doesn't seem to create the
necessary device entry /dev/apm, and apmd and apm(8) complain about
that.  What's the proper way to enable apm on 5.3-STABLE?  Or, any way
to enable it at all?  Do I have to compile the driver into the kernel
instead?

mkb.