Date:      Sat, 08 Dec 2007 20:26:19 -0700
From:      Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
To:        Pollywog <lists-fbsd@shadypond.com>,  questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SANE Network Daemon question

Pollywog wrote:
> On Sunday 09 December 2007 02:17:21 Predrag Punosevac wrote:
>

>> Saned (Sane Daemon)  is included in the standard distribution of
>> sane-backhands. I checked sane-utils on the Debian web-site and seems it
>> is just idiotic GUI.
>>

> I was using Debian and I now use Ubuntu and FreeBSD.  The sane-utils package
> contains files that I edit in order to have the ability to scan from any
> machine on my LAN that runs Linux.  The files are /etc/sane.d/dll.conf and
> also saned.conf and net.conf in the same directory.

Then look the /usr/local/etc/sane.d You already have all files you need
to have.

Debian is known for fine grinding of packages so I would not be
surprised that they divided generic sane-backhand package in several part.
That is a very good practice but unfortunately FreeBSD does not have
that man power and the user base to do the same.

Would you be so kind than to write how to for network scanning. It would
be very good if you could append Handbook article about scanning. I have
no clue whom you should contact with the offer to contribute the article
for Handbook.

Best,
Predrag