Date:      Sat, 02 Jun 2001 16:59:26 -0400
From:      Bob Johnson <bobj@atlantic.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Low cost wireless cards? (D-Link, LinkSys, etc)

Some 802.11b wireless PC cards are now in the sub- $120 range,
which means I can afford to buy one now.

I want something that is Wi-Fi (WECA) certified
( http://www.wi-fi.com ), and of the low cost cards I've found
prices for, that means the D-Link DWL-650 or the Linksys WPC11.

Are either of these cards supported by FBSD 4.3?

Can anyone recommend a Wi-Fi 802.11b card for under $150 or so?

Is there an on-line copy of pccard.conf I can browse?  I'm sure
it must be somewhere, but I haven't found it.  I need to upgrade
my laptop to 4.3 anyway, but so far I haven't found the few hours
it would take to do it.  Maybe tomorrow...

- Bob