Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2001 14:19:32 -0700
From:      "Eric Rosenberry" <ericr@dsl-only.net>
To:        "Bob Johnson" <bobj@atlantic.net>, <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Low cost wireless cards? (D-Link, LinkSys, etc)

I just got a Linksys WPC11 card a couple weeks ago and I have not (as of
yet) been able to get it working in 4.3.  Apparently it uses a fairly
standard chipset and design (Intersil chipset Prism design), which 4.3
should have support for through the wi driver, but it does not work properly
with my card.  I am guessing that the wi driver needs a little bit of
tweaking in order to make it work.

I have sent several messages to the mobile list but it would seem that
nobody is interested in working on the wi driver right now.

There has however been a report recently on the mobile list of a D-Link card
working.  Your mileage may vary.

-Eric