Date:      Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:20:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Eric Ogren <eogren@earthlink.net>
Cc:        Ben Speirs <igiveup@ix.netcom.com>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?Joachim_Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>, FreeBSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: major problems doing buildworld after cvsup in FreeBSD 4.0

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000, Eric Ogren wrote:

> To both of you; are you *sure* you're sup'ing the crypto sources? In
> 4.0-STABLE, you need crypto to build the system (there is a
> NOCRYPTO option in /etc/defaults/make.conf which should work, however).

No you don't, at least you shouldn't have to. Crypto is *recommended*, but
not mandatory. I can't remember if there was breakage in 4.0-RELEASE, but
what *will* get you is if you have old crypto sources lying around (or
just the directories) because then they will be "autodetected".

I recommend either:

1) cvsupping/installing crypto sources as well, that way you get OpenSSH
support.

2) trying with an explicit NOCRYPTO=1 to force it not to look for crypto
sources.

Kris

----