Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 23:08:48 -0800
From:      Joe Bissot <jblist@pcinternet.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mouse is behaving strangely

I have a HP Kayak XA on which I installed FreeBSD 4.0 (from a 4.0 CDROM.)
When I try to configure X windows I am having a problem with the mouse.

First the mouse will not work correctly through my KVM (I tried an Apex and
a Belkin.) When the mouse is connected through the KVM the pointer moves
(jumps) all over the screen. Connected directly it seems to be ok. I tried
a couple of different mice. So I connected the mouse directly to the PC and
could use it. But now it gets weirder. The mouse pointer is only visible
when X is configured to 640x480. If I try to use a higher resolution the
mouse cursor disappears. It is apparently working though as you can grab
focus by moving the mouse in the right direction etc...

Has anybody else run into this?