Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:04:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD in school networks - interested?

Hi!

I am a teacher on a "Gesamtschule" in Wuppertal, Germany. I have
got pupils/students between 10 and 19 years.
Since I behaved very well on our school's Win NT/2000 network our
Chief-Admin allowed me some spare 5 Gigs on four of our classroom
computers for "playing around" with some UN*X.
At the first look this is not too sensational, but it is
a chance I would like to take to become independent of M$'s
monopol and price policy. Our schools always lack of money and
you have to fight for each single EURO if you whish to try
something new. And of course everybody is used to M$ software and
has to be convinced to learn something new.

I only teach maths and physics - so I don't know too much about
computers. Thus I would like to find some people "out there" who
are interested in this topic. Students, too, of course would be
welcome.
Perhaps - in a year or so - we could found a FreeBSD-schools
project.

So, if you have got any ideas, I would be happy to hear from you.

Regards,

Uli.