Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 2002 22:09:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jason Hunt <leth@primus.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd on cobalt raq3

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Jason Fayre wrote:

> Hello,
> Has anyone ever tried to get FreeBSD running on a Cobalt RaQ3 1U box?  If
> so, is there a how-to somewhere?
> These are x86 based boxes.
> I know that NetBSD has a port for the MIPS cobalt boxes.

No, because the RaQs will only load a kernel off an EXT2 filesystem.  So,
unless we can start booting BSD off of one of those (EXT2 filesystems), it
won't be possible. :)

Check out http://www.traumatized.org/linux/cobalt/index.php for how you
could run Slackware (or any Linux) on an x86-based Cobalt.  The page says
that the instructions are for a RaQ4, but I've done it on a RaQ3.