Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2005 23:54:35 -0400
From:      "Mike Adewole" <mike@voicenette.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Help with console scrolling problem (RELENG54)

Is there anyway of writing to the last (row, column) without causing the
screen to scroll ? Looking at function scterm_puts at (1) there doesn't seem
to be any way to avoid scrolling.

Ideally, I'll like to avoid the call to sc_vtb_delete from
sc_term_gen_scroll so that the cursor position is properly updated but no
scrolling takes place. Have I missed an escape sequence that can do this or
is there another way of doing it ? I've tried all sequences that I could
find but nothing worked.

Thanks a million.
Mike

(1)