Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 15:46:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Well, I guess it's about time I mentioned this little problem...

In lists.freebsd.current you write:

>Any ideas on what I should try here to further debug this oddness?

I had a similar problem with SMC cards and some ancient IBM router equipment,
setting the MTU to just under 1500 (1450/1480ish) solved the problem.  My
guess was that the internal buffers in the IBM were broken by being 1500
instead of (1524?) for ethernet packets..  Perhaps it is FreeBSD that is
broken?  This first showed up when we moved from 2.1 to 2.1.7.

-Crh
--

       Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@msu.edu

                         http://pilot.msu.edu/~henrich