Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 1996 12:42:44 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        Gunther Hipper <gunther@informatik.uni-rostock.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, gunther@ceylon.informatik.uni-rostock.de
Subject:   Re: Anyone Experiences with Intel TXC Chipset or GA-586DX/GA-586HX  motherboard ??

Hi,

> The boards are
>
> Gigabyte GA-586HX and/or GA-586DX
> (Triton Chipset). Now my questions:
>
> Is anyone using one or both of these boards ?
I am using the GA-586DX with 2 133 mHz P5s, 64MB memory.

> Are there any problems or are certain problems to be
> expected running FreeBSD ?
So far it has worked perfectly.  SMP FreeBSD still
has problems, but that is only a matter of time...

> Propably, the board should be Intel-SMP conform.
It is, but the manual doesn't say to what revision level.

This board (the DX, ie dual CPU) is an ATX form-factor
and has (optionally) an Adaptec 2940UW controller built
in.  I believe the other (GA-586HX) is baby AT, with
NO option for the 2940UW.

More info:
http://www.surfusa.com/mbs/ga/586dx.html
http://www.surfusa.com/mbs/ga/586hx.html

Typical prices:
Gigabyte GA-586DX-512                                       $349
Gigabyte GA-586HX-512                                       $199

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD