Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 16:09:57 -0500
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        spork <spork@cncn.com>, fbsdqs <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Path and xdm configuration

At 15:43 -0500 98.03.17, Spike Gronim wrote:
>Hello.
>
>	I am having troubles with my path, on a 2.2.5 machine. My shell is
>tcsh.[...] The pertinent section of my .profile reads:

'sfar as I know, tcsh doesn't use .profile.

>the pertinent section of .login contains:
>
>set path = (/sbin /bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin /usr/games /usr/local/bin
>/usr/X11R6/
>bin /home/spork/bin)

.login only gets run for the initial login shell.  Under X, that means that
xterm needs to be invoked with -ls.

The proper place to put stuff that needs to exist for all invokations of
tcsh is .cshrc

Move your path statement from your .login to your .cshrc

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?  Please read this first:
<http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                  Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com          <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;