Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 2000 01:19:20 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 4.0 CD, crypto and SSH

Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, Roelof Osinga wrote:
>
> > Precisely. In 8.8.2 it diverts you away from the simple solution,
> > i.e. "cd /usr/ports/security/librsaintl && make install", to
> > appendix A of all places.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by this, but I agree the docs need to refer to
> the port as well as the package (at the time I wrote them the port didnt
> exist).

In this particular situation I was not inclined to do a cvsup. So
I wanted to keep it simple. Just install whatever port was needed
and get the show on the road. So of course my memory blanked on
me. Couldn't remember what, which or even how. Which in 8.8.1
steered me to appendix A, where I didn't want to be. 8.8.2 did
not provide an URL like 8.8.3 does and 8.8.4 is for binary which
I also didn't want.

When you're getting pressed for time you need simple and direct
instructions. IOW the addition of the line
"which is located in /usr/ports/security/librsaintl" to 8.8.2.

> Perhaps it should say "its RSA implementation" rather than leaving the
> posessiveness implied. I'll revisit it..

Thanks. Sorry for the putting of salt on snails, but as I found
out but yesterday when you're pressed for time simple statements
get a life of their own. And conspire to befuddle reason <g>.

Roelof