Date:      Sat, 24 Mar 2001 20:39:41 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        Mark Sergeant <sarge@snsonline.net>
Cc:        mwm@mired.org, go@dubkat.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mail clients

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Mark Sergeant wrote:

> The solution that I use which suits me quite well is I have an imap server
> running on my server & use webmail to access that. (squirrelmail
> http://www.squirrelmail.org) I then also use the mail client pronto and pop
> the messages off the server onto my laptop, (I use the option of not
> deleting the mail from the server.)
>
> > go@dubkat.com types:
> >> Hi, I'm just wondering if someone knows a good way to get mail in my
> >> situation.
> >> 	I want to be able to use a GUI client (Outlook, KMail, Evolution),
> >> 	but I
> >> also want to be able to access my mail when I'm somewhere else, like
> >> work. I've currently got a webmail daemon on my server, but I just

I have a similar situation. I often use pine, but, if I want a GUI,
I use Netscape, which has filters. To access my home netscape client
fromm work or work from home, I use X forwarding in SSH and just start
up Netscape on the other end. You can use any X window mail client, of
course.

Pine has a lot to recommend it, though. You don't have to suffer with
those ads! (and..it's fast!).

-Jim Durham