Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 14:19:12 -0500
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@remarq.com>
To:        Evan Tsoukalas <evan@falcon.sourcee.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3CXE589ET PCMCIA card

On Thu, Apr 08, 1999 at 03:06:03PM -0400, Evan Tsoukalas wrote:

> Can anyone tell me if a 3Com 3CXE589ET Ethernet pcmcia card is supported under
> 3.1-Release?  If it is, can I use the generic pccard kernel support,
> or would I need to compile it with the zp0 driver?

The simple answer is "try it and see" :)

> If it isn't supported, can anyone give me a model that is supported?

My 3C589D worked fine with both zp0 and the pccard stuff in 3.1-RELEASE
and above.

<shameless plug>
Though now we have the Xircom Realport cards working, see
http://www.freebsd-uk.eu.org/~scott/xe_drv/ for details, you might
want to consider getting one of those and doing away with all those
other horrible pc-cards that have dongles/x-jacks/other breakables.
</shameless plug>

"All" we need now is multifunction card support.. *ducks-and-runs* :)

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, RemarQ Communities, Inc., San Jose, CA.
mailto:ade@remarq.com   http://www.remarq.com