Date:      Tue, 24 Apr 2001 11:00:47 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        ade@freebsd.org
Subject:   Pan news reader causes segfault on message

I just installed pan-0.9.3 from ports. I can configure it for my ISP's
news reader, download the groups, subscribe to the groups I want,
and download the headers and message.  But if I click on a message, I get
a segfault:

Here's the entire process:

pan-Message: Pan: socket created: 0x81f77c0 for news.paradise.net.nz, port
119, sockfd 8
pan-Message: Got 64885 groups
pan-Message: Got 0 articles in 0.0 seconds (0 art/sec)
pan-Message: group nz.comp refcount inc to 1
pan-Message: group nz.comp refcount inc to 2
pan-Message: group nz.comp refcount inc to 3
pan-Message: group nz.comp refcount dec to 2
pan-Message: on_url [(Null)]
pan-Message: Got 0 rules in 0.0 seconds (0 rules/sec)
pan-Message: group nz.comp refcount dec to 1
pan-Message: group nz.comp refcount inc to 2
pan-Message: mm is now 0x8124e10

GLib-CRITICAL **: file gstrfuncs.c: line 1146 (g_strsplit): assertion
`string != NULL' failed.

The message displayed by Pan is:

Appplication "pan" (process 59304) has crashed due to a fatal error.
(Segmentation fault)

I tried filling out bug reports, both at the gnome site and the bug buddy
supplied with pan, but failed to complete the forms because pan is not
lists as an application.

$ uname -a
FreeBSD xeon.int.nz.freebsd.org 4.3-BETA FreeBSD 4.3-BETA #2: Sat Apr  7
10:26:19 NZST 2001
root@xeon.int.nz.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/XEON  i386

I'm using XFree86-4.0.2_5 and gtk-1.2.8.