Date:      Sun, 4 Jul 1999 02:57:07 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PNIC problems: duplex contradiction & dropped packets

Tom Embt <tom@embt.com> probably said:
> I am running a Kingston KNE110TX (82c169) card under FreeBSD 3.2-BETA
> connected to an Asante 8+2 switch.  I have been having two (almost
> certainly related) problems:

I'm using BSD boxes (2.2.8-R and 3.2-S) with intel pro100b net cards
and an Asante 8+2 switch.  They negotiate full duplex fine, but I can't
get them to do 100bT even if I force both ends ...

Not much help, but a datapoint.  I _do_ like the pro100b cards, thats
the only problem I've had with them they usually Just Work.

P.

--
pir               pir@pir.net      pir@shore.net      pir@net.tufts.edu