Date:      Mon, 19 Jul 1999 11:42:09 -0500
From:      "Alejandro Ramirez" <ales@megared.net.mx>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Paul MacKenzie" <pc.mackenzie@utoronto.ca>
Subject:   RE: error compiling ftpd with tahe FTPD_INTERNAL_LS=true in make.conf

Hi,

    This is what I do, and it worked excellent for me, this is a step by
step, I hope this help.

    You just have to touch /etc/ftpchroot and put in there the name of the
users or the name of the groups that you want this for, the way of doing it
its very easy ex:
john
beth
@group1
@group2

And you have to recompile the ftpd to have ls into, this is mandatory for
you to access correctly you information, just
cd /usr/src/usr.bin/ftpd
make depend
make FTPD_INTERNAL_LS
make install