Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 1996 12:15:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      john goerzen <jgoerzen@cs.twsu.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Plea for help! And panic & bug reports!

On Tue, 25 Jun 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> [ PLEASE do not cross-post to questions, hackers and bugs!  I'm getting
>   pretty cheesed-off at people dumping multiple copies of stuff into
>   my mailbox and will be adopting a policy shortly of not even responding
>   to something which is cross-posted to more than 2 major mailing lists
>   (and even 2 is one too many) - if you want a response from me (or anyone
>   who feels the same way as me) in the future then please limit your posts
>   to a SINGLE list!  Thanks!!!]

Sorry!  Won't happen again!  BTW, what would have been the appropriate
list for this one, questions or bugs?  As it did include a number of bug
reports.

> This problem is easy to fix.  Boot single user with the `-s' flag and
> then do:

Well, that will fix root's password, but what about everyone else's?
*Nobody* can log in right now.  The passwd and master.passwd files are
intact.  I did run pwd_mkdb.

Thanks for your help.