Date:      Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:00:15 +0200
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@freebsddiary.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The FreeBSD Diary: 2001-12-30 - 2002-01-19

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 12:10:06AM -0500, Dan Langille wrote:
> The FreeBSD Diary contains a large number of practical
> examples and how-to guides.  This message is posted weekly
> to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org with the aim of letting people
> know what's available on the website.  Before you post a question
> here it might be a good idea to first search the mailing list
> archives <http://www.freebsd.org/search/search.html#mailinglists>;
> and/or The FreeBSD Diary <http://freebsddiary.org/>.
>
> These are the articles posted during this period:
>
> 16-Jan : Your Makefile has been rebuilt.
>      One very annoying failure of make buildworld...
>      http://freebsddiary.org/badtime.php?2

I can add to this.  Even if the date is set correctly, one still
can experience the behaviour like this if some source files have
modification dates pointing to a future time.  A simple tool to
eliminate these inconsistencies is ``find . -mtime -0'' followed
by ``xargs touch''.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Oracle Developer/DBA,