Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2002 14:50:48 -0700
From:      "Tabor Kelly" <tkelly@pdxmax.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   XFree86-4 trouble: reboots

Hi,

    I just installed FreeBSD RELEASE 4.5 on my new Athalon. It is an XP 1700
on an Asus A7V333 motherboard. It has 512MB of ram and a ~40gb partition on
a ~80gb drive. FreeBSD appears to work fine, but I can't get XFree86 to
work. Whenever I run 'XFree86 -configure' my system reboots. Also, if I
configure XFree86 with xf86config and the run XWrapper-4, my system does the
same thing.

I have tried the binary distribution of XFree86 4.2.0 on xfree86.org aswell
as the x11/XFree86-4 port. They both cause the same behavior. When the
system gets done rebooting I do not have an XFree86 log file in /var/log.

Thank You for any assistance that you can provide.

-Tabor Kelly