Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:01:03 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@freebsd.org>
To:        gnn@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is it possible to debug an AMD kernel on Intel

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 10:38:37PM +0900, gnn@freebsd.org wrote:
> or vice versa?  That is, can I do kgdb/gdb over serial from an Intel
> box to an AMD box?

George,
This question make no sense.  Of course you can debug a kernel on an
Intel system using an AMD system.  There isn't anything CPU vendor
specific within a single architecture that would affect you doing this.

But I don't think that's really your question.  I think you're asking if
you can debug a FreeBSD/i386 kernel using a FreeBSD/amd64 system.  I.e.
cross-platform debugging.

The answer is "no" using stock FreeBSD bits.
A single GDB binary cannot be built multi-platform.

--
-- David  (obrien@FreeBSD.org)