Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 2002 10:24:02 -0400
From:      Richard Scranton <scrantr@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Imation FlashGO! works with quirks entries

I was able to get the Imation FlashGO! USB flash memory gadget to work
reliably with FreeBSD v4.1 by adding quirks entries for each of the card
types.  The FlashGO! comes as a USB adaptor for Compact Flash memory cards,
and 3 different sleeves that allow it to accomodate Memory Stick, SD/MMC,
and Smart Media cards.  Only the SD/MMC option worked without the quirks
entries in cam/scsi/scsi_da.c, and I don't have a Smart Media card to test,
but Compact Flash and Memory Stick will work with the following change.
Each type of memory card appears as a different device.  The system I am
using is a Sony VAIO Z505JS, FreeBSD 4.1-R, and some suspend/resume fixes.
The part number on the USB adaptor is IMN-USG-FG1.  I wanted to get this
into the mailing list, as current wisdom seems to be that only the SanDisk
ImageMate is useable.

vaio [/x/home/richard]: cd /usr/src/sys/cam/scsi
vaio [/usr/src/sys/cam/scsi]: rcsdiff -r1.1 -r1.2 scsi_da.c
RCS file: RCS/scsi_da.c,v
retrieving revision 1.1
retrieving revision 1.2
diff -r1.1 -r1.2