Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:57:32 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Stefan Parvu <sparvu@cc.hut.fi>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tecra 8100, 4.3 -RELEASE -> Yamaha FM744

Hello all,

I am trying to get working the sound in FreeBSD 4.3 -RELEASE
using a Yamaha FM744 sound builtin from my Tecra 8100 laptop.

I recompiled the kernel with device pcm and then cd /dev
sh MAKEDEV snd0

Everything is fine except the FreeBSD is panic when trying to use the
sound. I tried mixer from command line and is panic.

Do I need to cvsup some files from pcm driver to get working the pcm with
Tecra 8100, Yamaha FM744 chipset ?

Stefan