Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 01:27:27 -0500
From:      Lord Raiden <raiden23@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Redirector based on port/service

	Darned corporate consolidations.  (sigh)  Ok, got another one for you
guys.  I should probubly know this one, but I'm having a running brain fart
today.  Too much to do, too little time and too little staff.

	How do you setup a redirector using a BSD box so that if someone
goes to your site and the site is, to use this figuratively,
"services.mycompany.com" and the port is 80, it forwards the request off to
the web server, 21 goes to the file server, 25 the smtp server, 110 the
pop3 server, etc.

	The idea is since we're shrinking all of the available internal company
"services" based servers in the noc to as few as possible to make room for
what I consider to be non-sence machines, I'm looking at cutting the need
for multiple redirectors to just one machine which then bounces the
requests to the different servers based on port and service
requested.

	Does anyone know the easiest way to do this? Thanks.