Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 08:28:31 -0600
From:      Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
To:        Steve Bertrand <steve@northnetworks.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail trouble...

At 08:59 AM 3.28.2002 -0500, Steve Bertrand wrote:

I have been working on this sendmail problem for 3 days straight with no
progress made whatsoever.  Here is the error message I keep getting.

Mar 29 08:40:44 svr3 sendmail[937]: g2TDei200937: ruleset=check_rcpt,
arg1=<<<<mailto:jimr@celticcomputers.ca>jimr@celticcomputers.ca>...
Relaying denied

Mar 29 08:42:12 svr3 sendmail[937]: g2TDei200937: lost input channel from
thinkpad1.northnetworks.ca [192.168.250.14] to MTA after rcpt

This error appears after every single message I attempt to send.  My DNS
settings are set up properly, with forwarding in place.  If there is more
info that is needed, I will be happy to send it as well.

Please don't get me wrong.  I have literally spend 3 days on the web
researching this problem, and while there is much information out there
on this problem in particular, I could not find an answer that helped me.

The computer I am sending from is thinkpad1.northnetworks.ca which is a
Mandrake Linux box.  I do all of my work on my BSD server from this
laptop vis SSH.  My POP server is located outside of my network on a
win2k box (for now).  I am using the default .cf file for sendmail.  My
access file has both northnetworks.ca and celticcomputers.ca as RELAY, as
I am hosting both of these domains.

Thank you for your time

- Steve Bertrand

======================

Steve:

How about these...??

1) Did you run "newaliases" after adding the ISP domain?

2) Put the IP address (leaving off the last octet set) in "relay-domains"
and restart sendmail

for instance, if the ISP uses 200.200.200.200, place this in the
relay-domains:

200.200.200. -- note the last octet set is left off so that the random
assignments of IPs can be handled.

Now, goto /ete/mail and "#make restart" to restart sendmail.

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone

Server Admin