Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:49:02 GMT
From:      "Greg W" <redhat_list@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Broken X and window managers

Hope this is the right place to post this

Using 3.3 I have tried just about everything to get X and "a" window manager
to work, not being a FreeBSD expert I have run out of ideas. I cannot get
Gnome to work at all, nor Afterstep with Gnome , I managed finally after
about 3 days to get KDE running, but none of the apps etc will work (I can
get a terminal, and the menu's all operate, whoo hoo :-) ) , I have added
packages like a madman, actually filling the disk at one stage, I have read
the FAQ's etc. Its a cheapbytes CD if that helps, is there some major step I
have missed, the CD broken, or is X crumby on FreeBSD ?

Signed, Never had so much X ing trouble before

Greg