Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 23:19:32 +0200
From:      "Theo van Klaveren" <t.vanklaveren@student.utwente.nl>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Hackers" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: audiofs mixing audio and data tracks

Koster, K.J. wrote:
| Could you perhaps make it so that all the audio tracks appear als slice 1,
| while the data track appears as slice 2.

Sorry if I come across rude, but I've had numerous requests for this and
just wanted to say what I think about it.

I can't think of any way of accomplishing this without either:
  1) Combining the code for AudioFS and CD9660, as both require access to
the mounted device, and hacking them to respect each other, or
  2) Hacking the ATAPI-CD and SCSI-CD drivers to bits and teaching them
about the various regions on the CD.

Neither are very attractive, IMHO, and I don't think the trouble is worth it
by far. But if anyone knows a clean, un-hackish way to accomplish
double-mounting a multi-track CD, please make yourself heard.

Otherwise, I declare this subject closed.

Theo van Klaveren