Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:14:37 +0100
From:      Holger Kipp <holger.kipp@alogis.com>
To:        Theodore Hope <freebsd@iguana.internexo.co.cr>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: oracle 8.1.7.0.1 installation successful, anyone?

Theodore Hope wrote:

> Many folks (including the handbook) report successful installations
> of Oracle 8.0.x under FreeBSD 3.2, but I haven't been able to find
> any recent Oracle+FreeBSD combinations.

The latest I did was 8.0.5 on 4.2 Release with RH 6.1 emulation. I had
some problems related to library-incompatibilities (what a word) in
regards to the linux libraries. Due to time constrains I then just
copied my 8.0.5 prerelease Linux binarys (from original oracle CD) over
the half-done installation which worked quite good.

The 8.1.7 is still on my todo-list.... <sigh> for some time, and yes,
I _DO_ hate this oracle java installer thingy!

Regards,
Holger

--
Holger Kipp, Dipl.-Math., Systemadministrator  | alogis AG
Fon: +49 (0)30 / 43 65 8 - 114                 | Berliner Strasse 26