Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2013 10:56:21 -0400
From:      mikel king <mikel.king@gmail.com>
To:        Mark Moellering <mark@msen.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: php problems

On Aug 5, 2013, at 11:33 PM, Mark Moellering <mark@msen.com> wrote:

> A few years ago (2011) I set up an email system for a small internet =
based company.  I used postfix with a mysql backend for virtual =
accounts.  I also set up apache to test a php based webmail front-end.
> I set up several php scripts that would run from cron that would query =
a database and look for new email account requests and then do a variety =
of tasks to get everything set up properly.
> After I left, someone else made modifications to the system and things =
stopped working properly.  A few months ago I was asked to try and get =
things working again.
>=20
> I discovered that all php scripts now generate a seg fault.
>=20
> I tried a simple "hello world" type program
> the actual code is :
> <?php
> echo "test"
> ?>
> and the output was;
>=20
> testsegmentation fault
>=20
> The system is FreeBSD 8.2 and php 5.3
>=20
> If anyone has any idea of what changes might have been made that could =
cause this, please let me know.  My other thought was to try =
reinstalling / upgrading php.
>=20
> Thanks in advance
>=20
> Mark Moellering

Hey Mark,

Do you have a backup/alternative system you can test the code on? In =
lieu of that I would seriously consider rebuilding php. After you get it =
working it would be worth also considering upgrading to 55.

Also make a complete revision backup of the code and config files once =
you get it working, this will save a lot of hair if the company in =
question hires someone else to tweak things in the future=85=20

Cheers,
Mikel=