Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 17:42:44 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISA pcmcia bridge; Intel i82365 not working in 4.0

Warner Losh <imp@village.org> probably said:
> so you have two cards installed in your machine then, right?

No, I don't. I have one card that provides 4 slots.

> Hmmm.  You might try different memory locations.

I tried a couple of different locations. I'll try more.

> Also, FreeBSD 4.0 doesn't support multiple pcic cards in a system
> very well.  You must use polling mode, at a start, and even that
> might not work.

Using just
  device pcic0
it isn't detected at all.

At irq 9 (which I was using with 3.4-PAO, and I have marked as in
use by a legacy card in the bios) I get;

  pcic0: <Intel i82365> at port 0x3e0 iomem 0xd4000 irq 9 on isa0
  pcic0: management irq 9
  pccard0: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
  pccard1: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
  pccard2: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0
  pccard3: <PC Card bus -- kludge version> on pcic0

Using 0xd4000 I get;
  pccard: card inserted, slot 3

which is slightly more promising. poering the slot down and up again gets
me removal/insertion events. Inserting or removing the card does not
give me events.

None of 0xd0000 0xd4000 0xd8000 let it work.

pccardd gives me some output I'd expect, but doesn't see the card.
It syslogs the card as ""("").

Any more clues for me ?

P.

pir@peem# pccardd -d -f /etc/pccard.conf