Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:27:14 -0500
From:      Brandon Gooch <jamesbrandongooch@gmail.com>
To:        Axel Schmalowsky <schmalowsky@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interrupt ptr 12h?

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 4:42 PM, Axel Schmalowsky <schmalowsky@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> sometimes my system freezes, and I cannot figure out why.
>
> What I do know is that everytime I try to build openoffice, it freezes
> during the build process.
> Last time my system froze, the kernel "spat out" the following message:
> "kerneltrap with interrupt ptr 12h disabled".
>
> What does this mean, exactly?
>
> please help.
>
> -axel

Usually there is more to the message than the above when a kernel
experiences a "panic". When this panic occurs again, try to capture as
much of the text from the console as possible (I often take a snapshot
with a digital camera, and jot down notes on paper). The more detail
you can provide the developers, the better.

And, if (when) you're brave enough:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

Also, I think it may be appropriate at this point to test your
computer's RAM (using a "memtest"-type utility); doing large,
intensive tasks such as building OpenOffice is bound to uncover issues
with your computer's hardware -- I know this from experience :)

-Brandon