Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 09:08:50 -0500
From:      Lars Fredriksen <lars@odin-corporation.com>
To:        tyl <tyl@project.m2.ntu.edu.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AHA 2940 U/UW waiting fail?

tyl wrote:

> On Fri, 7 May 1999, Lars Fredriksen wrote:
>
> > > I have disconnected all the HDs and CDROMs, but FreeBSD still halt at the
> > > "waiting 15 seconds". It seems the problem is on the card?
> >
> > No, I don't think it is a problem with the card per se. However, it might  be
> > an issue with how we configure interrupts.
>
> Thanks for your reply first !!
> In your opinion, that is some problem aboout interrupt / IRQs?

That is my guess, yes.

> Maybe I have to move the card to another computer and try...

Just using an older kernel might be all you need to test the cards. My assumption
here is that you have been running FreeBSD for a while, and that upgrading to
current was what got you into this state.

> > Hm, it is interssting that you see the problem on UP when I don't.
> > What does your mptable output look like?
>
> Excuse me, what is "mptable" :)

Do a man on mptable :-). It is a utility that shows what your interrupt routing
etc looks like. It is supposed to work on UP kernels as well, so give it a  whirl.
(Of course this assumes that you can boot a FreeBSD kernel that doesn't hang on
you ).

> Due to I can boot normally with 4.0-0408, I have use boot -v and see
> something interesting but I do not understand, is that what you want?

It never hurts to capture the boot -v sequence when you are having trouble. I am
in the process of collecting that my self, but my remote console setup is
currently broken. Once I have that fixed, I'll get a boot -v captured for my
system as well. Of course there is a chance that this whole problem might go away
if someone else stumbles upon the problem first :-)

Lars