Date:      Tue, 20 Jun 1995 21:07:22 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   mrouted

I assume it is mrouted 3.5 that is now in -current although I could
find any version string saying that definitely.

With pre 3.5 I reported a problem that the machine running mrouted
does not show any session that are created in the local network.
It doesn't show sessions outside my area either (although I'm
connected to the mbone - the reasons for this may lay elsewhere
but I'm mentioning it). At least I see (netstat -r) the following:
224              link#1             UCS         0        0
ALL-SYSTEMS.MCAS link#1             UHLW        0        1
DVMRP.MCAST.NET  link#1             UHLW        0       10
224.2.127.255    link#1             UHLW        1        5

At the time I was observing this I believe it was Marc Tinguely who
sent me temporary fixes to /sys/net , ifconfig and netstat.
After applying these fixes I could see the local sessions again.
Only this was lasting a short time since some changes were applied to
/sys/net and the patches weren't compatible any longer.

Can anyone confirm this wrong behaviour of the machine running mrouted
wrt not showing local sessions in sd?

FreeBSD blues.physik.rwth-aachen.de 2.0-BUILT-19950619 FreeBSD 2.0-BUILT-1995
0619 #1: Mon Jun 19 19:54:08 MET DST 1995     kuku@blues.physik.rwth-aachen.d
e:/usr/src/sys/compile/BLUESGUS  i386